What is Spiritual Life Coaching?
Spiritual Life Coaching can apply to two different areas.
It can involve:
- Coaching someone in the area of their spiritual life or
- Using a spiritual basis to coach someone in any area of their life.
These two areas overlap extensively. To distinguish between the two, I will use the terms “Spiritual Growth Coaching” and “Life Coaching from a Spiritual Perspective.”
Spiritual Growth Coaching concentrates on assisting the client to better understand the spiritual nature of all of us. It has often been said that we are spiritual beings having a temporary physical experience. While we spend considerable time and money “dressing up” our bodies, most people pay little attention to development of their spiritual selves. Spiritual Growth Coaching will help you to better understand your spiritual self, how to influence that spiritual self and how to access the spiritual power which is at the basis of all existence. You may refer to this power as the Infinite, the Universe, collective subconscious, God, the Great Spirit or any number of terms that have been used historically and within different cultures.
While Spiritual Growth Coaching is directed specifically toward spiritual growth, growing spiritually will help you in all aspects of your life.
Life Coaching from a Spiritual Perspective is using that spiritual power which is both within us and beyond us to assist in our daily lives. It can be applied to our personal or professional lives. It could involve changing careers, improving relationships, being a better parent, financial success, losing weight, getting a job, retirement planning or almost any other aspect of daily life. Using spiritual techniques to enhance practical outcomes will always result in spiritual growth.
What is involved in Spiritual Life Coaching? Coaching is not counseling or therapy. Coaching is using proven techniques to facilitate the client moving from point “A” to point “B.” We will analyze where you are in relation to where you want to be. This may be moving from unemployed to employed, bankruptcy to financial success, spiritually yearning to spiritually fulfilled or any other area that needs improvement. After identifying your starting point and your goal, we will develop a plan to attain the goal and then follow the plan to success.
Spiritual Life Coaching works for five reasons:
- Unbiased Listener. How often have you had someone to truly listen to you? In a typical conversation, each party is thinking more about what they are going to say next than what the other person is saying. As your Coach, I will focus solely on you. In coaching, it really is "all about you."
- Realistic Goals. Together, we will determine what you really want to accomplish. The desired outcome will be realistic and achievable.
- A Plan. We will develop a reasonable plan to accomplish the goals that have been set. The plan will be measurable and time-specific. Intermediate steps toward that goal will be established and accomplished through proven success techniques.
- Accountability. As your coach, I will hold you accountable for completion of each step and assist in removal of any barriers encountered.
- Spiritual Support. As a Spiritual Life Coach, I will be assisting you to achieve a maximum level of Spiritual Empowerment.